Valentines’ Day is fast approaching which is reminding me of my single-blessedness. I must admit, I definitely miss dating. As in “Dating”! The one that you’ve been preparing for the dress that you’re going to wear a few days in advance, the matching shoes, whether you’re using a big or just a small bag and the scent as a final touch. I truly miss it! And on the day itself, you’re seeing yourself undergoing last-minute changes! The sweetness of being a “girl”! (oh well, i’m referring to myself as a “girl” at 40 something!) Yes, I miss holding hands with a man I look up to (because he is tall and that I have to tiptoe just to be able to kiss him!), I miss getting flowers and chocolates packaged in heart-shaped boxes, during the old days, they used to come in transparent plastic boxes, nowadays, they usually come in attractive printed carton boxes, in any way, I miss it. And those were the days! So darn sweet! A man so crazy for you, he will promise you heaven and earth! Well, much as I want to write something about falling in (and out of) love, I opted to write about being single. And all the sweet things that comes with it. I’d rather write about my “Blueberry Days!”
I secretly planned to buy myself a whole cake of sweetness this Valentine’s day (just to fill the emptiness of that specific day, anyway, it’s just a day) and have it as a surprise to my family after dinner, just a sort of sweet treat from me to them. Just to taste something special and extra sweet if not by heart, at least by my palate.
I have listed the places as to where I can get them and probably write it down here too. I’ve stumbled on some inspiring blogs as to where I can get my cake! and the flavor? You guess! By all means, you are right! Blueberries! Always blueberries!
Could it be the color? Could be yes. As obviously, I’ve loved the color purple, violet, lavender, periwinkle, name it! Perhaps, it could be the anti-oxidant properties that comes with these tiny weeny fruits known as blueberries. I don’t like it raw. I liked it most as jam.
Collating those times that I’ve taken photos of the slices (sometimes a whole of it, or in cupfuls, or as toppings, as long as they’re blueberries!). I was more than glad and surprised that I did. For I’ve got plenty. And yet, I want mooore!!!! More awesomeness! Just to make life a little sweeter perhaps.
I must have picked the best one and would come back to it from time to time or voted for my favorites or those that made difference. I do not have pictures from the others like Sugar house (which we frequent during college), Starbucks, Cravings, Becky’s Kitchen, The Old Spaghetti house, the rectangle version of UCC, etc. But isn’t it but natural to treat ourselves every now and then a slice of sweetness to create balance right?! I hope too that I get a little better and sweeter in my writing. Particularly sweeter as it’s the month of love. And even if I am single, I’m still completely happy, I have my soul sisters to share my life with, my son, my mom, my cats, my dog, my friends, my work and God. What else can I ask for?
Sharing with you all the sweetness..
1. Ice cream cake from Amazon Grill, Enchanted kingdom
2. A slice from “Bag of Beans”..
4. La Preciosa in Laoag, Ilocos Norte..
5. Our very own Lindens from Southwoods, San Pedro, Laguna.
6. I took this away (my second slice), as I’ve consumed the first one while reading some books at Libro, a dainty cafe in Tacloban..
7. Mc Cafe at Southwoods..
8. I could not get enough of it, so I tried doing my own. Not bad for a first timer..=p
9. Arabela cafe, Liliw, Laguna..
10. Heart-shaped waffles from “Red Mango”..
11. This one is from my soul sis! She truly knows what melts me!
12. Coffee bean and tea leaf‘s version..
13. My favorite frozen yogurt topped with blueberries. I remember requesting for more that i’m willing to be charged extra, though they do not allow it as they measure by the grams per order basis, in short I will ruin their inventory monitoring procedure..ehehe!
14. I forgot the brand, though this I got from SM Makati..
15. Royal Touch, SM Aura, BGC..
16. Mom and Tina’s, Greenbelt, Makati..
17. Bizu, Alabang..
I’m just saying: Cheeeese!cake!lol! – is all I’ll ask for this Valentine’s day! Besides, life is truly very sweet after all! Happy Valentine’s day everyone! <3<3<3